HARRISBURG – Rep. Sue Helm (R-Dauphin/Lebanon) today announced $1,152,166 in grant funding to numerous school districts in the 104th Legislative District. The School Safety and Security Committee, established within the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, distributes these funds to make Commonwealth school districts safer for students and teachers.
The 17-member committee was created as part of Act 44 of 2018
, a comprehensive school safety law passed in 2018. One of its duties is to help distribute both meritorious and competitive grants.
“Parents should feel comfortable in knowing that when they send their children to our schools, they are in a safe and comfortable space in which to learn,” said Helm. “I applaud the committee and the commission for their dedication to the safety of our students throughout the Commonwealth.”
The following schools in the 104th Legislative District received grants:
• Central Dauphin School District – $420,000.
• Halifax Area School District – $102,286.
• Lower Dauphin School District – $40,000.
• Millersburg Area School District – $68,880.
• Susquehanna Township School District – $40,000.
• Upper Dauphin Area School District – $35,000.
• Annville-Cleona School District – $406,000.
• Northern Lebanon School District – $40,000.
In total, the committee awarded over $53.7 million in grant funding to school districts and entities throughout the Commonwealth.
For more information on Helm and her legislative priorities, please visit RepHelm.com
Representative Sue Helm
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Kevin DiGuiseppe